|Coat of Arms of Sliema Local Council (Malta) (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
|Coat of arms of Malta. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
Come and join me at the Lucky Dino Malta Open A & B (Under 1850 / 150 ECF)
There are lots of great reasons to come and play chess in Malta - here are just 10 of them!
1) there are cheap flights from the UK to Malta available all year round with Easyjet and Ryanair
2) great weather (+25C in May), great schedule allowing a full day of going out,
3) sight seeing - Malta has a fascinating and full history, so you won't have any problems finding things to do during the day
4) a full night of partying for those with energy to spare after the games!
5) You can choose to take two half point byes in either event (not the final round), so you can enjoy your holiday and the chess
6) swimming is possible at that time of the year, in the hotel and in the sea
7) great hotel in a great location - the Imperial has consistently good reviews on Trip Advisor and xychess has a close relationship with the hotel which ensures we can provide good conditions of play (as always),
8) Split into 2 sections - players play a swiss Open but according to their strength,
9) great package prices! , great prizes - there will be many winners,
10) a serious but friendly atmosphere - local players are real enthusiasts for the game (most are FIDE rated) but they are always very welcoming and friendly!
11) OK, you get looked after by a great organiser (Clarence Psaila) and arbiter (Adam Raoof)!
Visit http://xychess.net/ for more details and
the latest information on who has entered.
Add your name to the list NOW!